Historical Trips are pleased to be working in association with IWM Friends in 2013, and by joining you are directly supporting IWM across its five branches.
Since it was founded in 1987 IWM Friends has donated almost £400,000 to IWM (Imperial War Museums). This has funded conservation and education projects and assisted with new acquisitions. It has also helped to support some of IWM’s major projects. As a Friend you will enjoy:
• Free entry to paying exhibitions at IWM London
• Free admission to IWM Duxford, Churchill War Rooms and HMS Belfast
• A year-round programme of special events
• An annual subscription to Despatches magazine, published exclusively for the Friends and delivered direct to your door
• A discretionary 10 per cent discount in IWM shops and cafés across all five branches and when you shop online
• Discounts and special offers on IWM events
IWM Friends are entitled to 5% off the tour prices quoted on this website and can claim their discount by supplying their membership number at the time of booking. For more information on IWM Friends please call 020 7416 5255 or visit www.iwm.org.uk/friends
About Historical Trips
Historical Trips offer battlefield tours with a little bit extra. Our historians outline the cultural and political contexts of historical events as well as the military, and our tours share many of the following characteristics:
• Original themes that are unique to Historical Trips
• Tours that are supported with detailed lectures
• Guides who are professional historians and experts in their fields
• Small and convivial groups
• Tours that are structured to tell complete and coherent stories
In 2013 we are offering eight unique tours covering various aspects of the First and Second World Wars, as well as the Spanish Civil War. These journeys range across Britain, France, Belgium, Germany, Spain and Poland.
To request a brochure by mail or to download a PDF, please go to the Contact Us page. If you have any questions, please call us on +44 (0)20 7993 6540, or email us using the address at the top of the page. We look forward to seeing you in 2013.
© All concepts and copy on this website are the intellectual property of Historical Trips Ltd
Historical Trips Ltd. Registered in England and Wales, no 7319799. Registered Office: 3rd Floor, 207 Regent Street, London W1B 3HH
Historical Trips are members of the Travel Trust Association, no U8438 and have an ATOL licence, no T7382
SOLDIERS GOING OVER THE TOP ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE BATTLE OF THE SOMME
MURDEROUS DESTRUCTION AT ORADOUR-SUR-GLANE