Historical Trips was founded with the aim of bringing you tours that tell the whole story of some of the crucial episodes from World History - the great events that have shaped, indeed have made, the world we live in today. Our historians outline the cultural, social and political contexts, as well as the personal stories, behind these events. They include:
- Original themes that are unique to Historical Trips
- Led by Expert Guides - professional historians, writers, journalists and broadcasters
- Professional Tour Manager to take care of the practicalities
- Small and convivial groups (max 22 guests)
- Special Access to historical sites and museums all over the world
- All-Inclusive with all meals, wine, 4* hotels, entry fees and tips
We offer over 40 tours exploring 1000 years of history all over the world – from the Normans in Sicily to the Fall of the Berlin Wall.
You could walk the winding streets of Medieval Rouen where the divinely-inspired Joan of Arc met her end at the hands of the English and Burgundians (‘God forgive us: we have burned a saint’). Spend a night in the beautiful Thornbury Castle, where Henry VIII once courted Anne Boleyn. Or look out across the now tranquil field in Northern France where, almost a century ago, troops waited in their trenches for the Battle of the Somme to commence.
Our expert Guide Lecturers include some of the best-known historians in Britain today. We have Dr Suzannah Lipscomb on the Tudors; Earl Spencer and Prof John Morrill teaming up on the English Civil War and Prof Gary Sheffield exploring the legacy of Gallipoli on the 100th anniversary of the campaign.
Still a few spaces left on our 2014 tours
|1914 - The First Days of the Great War||Sun 5th to Thu 9th Oct, 2014|
|Brothers in Arms - The Spanish Civil War||Sat 18th to Sat 25th Oct, 2014|