Tours to tempt you this Valentine's Day
There are many stories surrounding the origins of what we celebrate now as Valentine's Day, but one thing's for sure – there are some destinations and experiences that are perfectly suited for lovers...
With this in mind, we've rounded up a selection of our trips that will explore themes of lust and love, and might inspire any traveller to be true to their heart!
If you're a sucker for a salacious story and a bit of scandal, treat yourself to a place on our Love & Death on the Loire tour. Led by historical novelist Lisa Hilton, this 8-day adventure visits a range of stunning locations in glorious France.
- Visit the breathtaking Château de Chambord
- Delve into the dark world of Catherine de Medici, learning about her interest in occultism
- Experience sumptuous visits to local vineyards, where fantastic wines are produced
- Visit Blois on the Loire, Château Chaumont, Chenonceau and the Royal Chateau of Amboise
A figure from history with perhaps one of the most intriguing and shocking love lives would have to be King Henry VIII, and on our Darts of Love tour we explore the stories of his unfortunate wives in depth...
- Led by Elizabeth Norton, Tudor history expert
- Discover the Tower of London's rich and unsettling history
- Visit the graves of Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard
- Enjoy exclusive tours of Hever Castle and Kimbolton Castle in Cambridgeshire
- Be treated to a private tour of the home of Sir Thomas Wyatt, rumoured lover of Anne Boleyn
If you're not in the market for a full tour just yet, why not join our Windsor Castle Study Day, which is led by none other than former Royal Correspondent, Jennie Bond.
- Join Jennie Bond and Tudor expert Elizabeth Norton for this one-day experience
- Tour the State Apartments and precincts
- Visit Queen Mary's Doll's House
- Explore St. George's Chapel, where Elizabeth will show us the tombs of Henry VI, Edward IV and Henry VIII
- Lunch at the Harte and Garter hotel
- A talk from Jennie Bond on the Royal Family