The Great War
An Introduction to the Western Front
- Spend an entire day discovering the haunting Somme battlefield
- See the collections at the unique Wellington Quarry Underground Tunnel Museum in Arras
- Meet the man who found the British tank, known as ‘Deborah’, on the Cambrai battlefield
Visiting both Belgium and France, we follow the old trench lines along which Europe’s youth sacrificed themselves for the four devastating years of the conflict. This tour provides an expert and deeply personal account of a global conflict, one which irrevocably changed the course of 20th century history, as well as the lives of the millions who fought ‘in Flanders Fields’.
- Tour Manager & Guide Lecturer
- Meals - Most meals included
- Transport - Return ferry crossing and all local travel
- Hand-picked hotels throughout the tour
Revolution in the air, war afoot…
The 20th century saw the world dominated by war. It was a time of unknowing atrocity and dubious morality; an age of resistance, risk and revolution.
Uncover the Nazis’ Face of Evil, following their beginnings in Munich’s beer halls to the Nuremberg trials. Follow a former Soviet operative behind the Iron Curtain on The Spying Game.
In this modern era, victims of war are more distant and responsibility more dubious. Travel with us as we examine whose hands are stained with innocent blood; and question who is to blame for the horrors inflicted upon mankind...